Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jack Spade opens in Georgetown

I was excited to find out that Jack Spade quietly opened up here in Georgetown last week. I had been intrigued by rumors they would be coming to DC for a year now and was caught off guard to find them just up the street! I've been going to the original store in Soho for years now every time I visit New York.They do the best job merhandising of any store I know so I wanted to share some of the interiors with you. You know it's not a 'normal' store right upon entering when you are greeted with a bright orange checkout counter. The displays are so well done you don't want to mess them up. I love that they mix in their famous bags with their line of clothing and even other fun items and books.


It all looks like a stylish gentleman's closet (or my dream closet!).The store is 2 floors with the second story being cavernous in size.I loved this little vignette of the beautiful rug and round table. I was glad to hear they used one of my favorite local vintage stores, Good Wood, for a lot of their furnishings.I could see myself carrying this pinstripe bag to work!Along the staircase are cubbies with a fascinating display of objects and books. I could spend all day here checking it out.But what is that light fixture in the foreground? I think it wins the award for cutest light ever: A miner on a rope carrying a lantern!A close up of the stair cubbies.Spread throughout the store are fun little displays - I wasn't sure if they were for sale but if so, I don't think they'll last long. I loved these offbeat toby jugs.And these vintage nutcrackers -I wanted to take the cute one on the right home with me!No detail was overlooked, not even the dressing rooms. I loved the color palette as well as the retro boy's wallpaper.

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner